- B.S. in Ecology, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, 2001
- Ph.D in Genetics, University of Georgia, 2005-2009
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (2011-2014), Center for Global Health and Diseases, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Mentors: Peter A. Zimmerman, David Serre
- Projects: Wuchereria bancrofti, Anopheles mosquitoes, Plasmodium vivax
Professioal and Academic Appointments
- Lecturer (2009-2010), Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia
- Visiting Scientist (2011-2016), Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland, Ohio
- Research Associate (2014-2016), Case Western Reserve University, Center for Global Health and Diseases
- Research Assistant Professor (2016-Present), University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- National Institute of Health, Wuchereria bancrofti infection diversity and treatment response. PI: PA. Zimmerman, Co-Investigators: ST Small and D. Serre. $275,000 USD. 2013-2015.
- Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative Case Western Reserve University, Population Genomics of the human parasite Wuchereria bancrofti. PI: PA Zimmerman, Co-Investigators: ST Small. $7,750 USD. 2013-2014.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Integrative genetic assessment of threatened species of mussels (Unionidae) in the Altamaha River Drainage, Georgia. PI: John P. Wares. Co-Investigator: ST Small. $23,500 USD. 2006-2009.